Thursday, September 10, 2009

Joe Wilson's War

You don't win a war by dying for your country. You win a war by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his.

-Gen. Patton


You cannot qualify war in harsher terms than I will. War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; and those who brought war into our country deserve all the curses and maledictions a people can pour out. I know I had no hand in making this war, and I know I will make more sacrifices to-day than any of you to secure peace. But you cannot have peace and a division of our country.

Gen. Sherman


We really can't keep this up. Joe Wilson has been sacrificed at the altar of partisanship - thrown to the wolves as red meat to distract the masses. He's a sideshow, no more important to the real work of governing the nation than the color of a newscaster's tie.

Let's get back to work, shall we?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm with you. Threw a few bullet's Rob Miller's way though before moving on.